Here are some of my notes from Thursday night at The Mansion. Come down to our weekly fellowship! Every Thursday at 7pm
4 RAVEN ROAD
* Too many times as Christians we know what’s available for us, we know what the possibilities of walking with God but we don’t experience them.
* We speak about the promises and the possibilities of God from the outside looking in which makes us nothing more than “Godly window shoppers”. God wants us to begin to experience these things as truth and realities and not myths and stories.
* The reason why most of us have not experienced the things revealed to us is because we do not have the right attitude when it comes to the concept of ‘Diligently Seeking God’.
Hebrews 11:6 Nkjv
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must necessarily believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him out.
* If It’s impossible to please God without faith this means anything you do without belief makes God unhappy. This is why many of us are not experiencing the things revealed to us by the Father because we don’t fully believe that they are for us in the ‘now’ or for us period. This results in us going through the motion of seeking God without experiencing the end result- reward.
* One of the reasons why Kingdom Promises are just good ideas but not current experiences is because when we seek God we do so from a place of formality and not reality. We have the image of intimacy but not expectation.
* Just because you have sex with someone, doesn’t mean mean you’ve been intimate with them. Our generation has defined intimacy by the physical act but God defines intimacy by the spiritual connection and exchange behind the physical act.
* The difference between pornography and sex in a marriage is that love has been removed. When you remove love, you’ve removed God and intimacy without godliness is carnality. The second half of the scripture
* One of the reasons why supernatural realities are non-existent in many of our lives is because we don’t believe that God will reward us when we seek him.
* If you don’t believe that God will speak to you, He won’t. If you don’t believe that God can use you for healing, He won’t. If you don’t believe that God can use you to change the world, He won’t. Why? Because God will always perform according to your level of expectancy. How many times did we hear Jesus say “according to your faith be it unto you”?
* The woman with the issue of blood understood the Law of Expectation, that’s why Jesus didn’t have any say in what she received from Him. She didn’t say anything to Him- she just reached out and touched him because she knew she would be rewarded with what she needed from God because she believed in Him.
* There is a dimension of intimacy that you can get to where people no longer need you need you to pray for them because they understand that by them just being next to you, God will answer their prayers.
* Why did Paul say “diligently seek him”? He could have just said seek but he emphasised diligence because he understood that there’s different intensities of seeking God.
* I believe there’s a realm in God called reward. You enter this place because of your heart for more of God which leads you to seek Him with everything that you have. This positions you to receive all that the Father wants to release to you.
* Many of us seek God according to our own ability. We think that it’s our prayer that’s gets us the answers, we think that it’s our study that gets us the answers, we think that it’s our worship that gets us the answers but what we fail to realise is that all of these things are instruments of divine positioning. They bring us to a place where we can receive from God.
* When you think that you’re rewarded by God because of your efforts you move into a place of wrestling where everything you get from God is a wrestle.
* People think Jacob was blessed because he wrestled with God but this is incorrect. When you read it properly, Jacob was left broken after wrestling with God and he had no advancement.
* The key to Jacobs blessing was his unwillingness to leave God’s presence without change. Jacob essentially said, “I cannot leave, You cannot leave, this encounter cannot finish until I’ve been transformed.”
The attitude of the diligent
Matthew 13:44-46 AMPC
The kingdom of heaven is like something precious buried in a field, which a man found and hid again; then in his joy he goes and sells all he has and buys that field.  Again the kingdom of heaven is like a man who is a dealer in search of fine and precious pearls,  Who, on finding a single pearl of great price, went and sold all he had and bought it.