Ignorance kills. Often times we go through/experience things that we don’t need to just because we are uninformed about certain situations. Very quickly I want to explain the concept of trusting God by breaking down a very popular scripture. By doing this we will understand they key components that you need when it comes to trusting God.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart And do not rely on your own insight or understanding. (AMP)
Trust: firm belief in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone or something.
Confident: feeling or showing certainty about something.
Heart: the central or innermost part of something.
Rely: Depend on with full trust or confidence.
Understanding: Interpretation, perception, knowledge
Okay so now that we have defined all the words that build up this scripture, let’s rewrite it with the new definitions so that we can get a better understanding of what is being said!
“Firmly believe and be 100% certain in God’s ability to perform on your behalf with the whole of your being. Never depend on your own ability to work out/come up with a solution to any circumstance or situation that you’re going through”.
Okay now the truth of this scripture should be plain and clear for you to see!
Wisdom keys In This Scripture
- Relying on your own understanding will kill your faith in God.
- If you’re trying to figure out your own solution then you are not walking in faith.
- True faith in God is forgetting about what you know and relying on God’s sovereign power and ability.
- Your situation doesn’t need to make sense. All things are possible with God therefore you should expect the impossible to happen.
- If you don’t firmly believe in God then doubt is in your heart.
- All doubt stems from fear (A Negative expectation).
- When you’re walking in faith what you know doesn’t matter because it’s all about what God is able to do (which is anything and everything) not about what you can comprehend and figure out.
One thing that God told me to do a while ago was to put myself in situation where I will need to trust in him. I’m not telling you to get yourself into trouble but to simply approach situations with a mindset that says “Im going to allow god to solve this one”. Remember this truth “If the Christianity that you’re living does not require the supernatural intervention of God then you’re not living correctly”.
All the best!